Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Sage

The Baltimore-Washington D.C. area broke a heat record for temperature today – we reached 100 degrees Fahrenheit – the previous high for this June day was 98. Add to that some extreme humidity and one can easily say that today was… sultry. Dangerously so, as the stated heat index was 105 degrees. To lighten my wardrobe a bit but still look business-like, I chose fully tailored tan trouser-shorts in a linen-look rayon by Liz Claiborne, which had been in a box of clothing recently (and most generously) bestowed upon me by my best friend’s mother, Joyce, and paired them with a sage and beige leopard-print Tee by Style & Co. for Macy’s that I picked up last summer. I tied the look together with a vintage beige suede belt and olive high-heeled platform sandals by Guess, and added a wide bracelet of wooden beads and earrings and necklace of olive and tan glass by Mixit.

The day may have been steamy, but I was cool and stylish in my cuffed shorts and high heels. Bring it on!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment