Sunday, June 24, 2012

Garden Party


A woman who keeps a horse at the same stable where I keep mine hosted a summer party in her beautiful garden in Upperco, Maryland, Saturday night. The scene was most enchanting, with fireflies twinkling in the night, a bare crescent of a moon lighting the sky, torchlight and flickering candles providing considerable ambience, and cloth-dressed tables scattered across the yard filled with food, drinks and happy guests eagerly consuming both.

As much as the elegance of the romantic venue cried out for a special summer party dress, Lynn had specified that the occasion was to be strictly casual – she said she would be in jeans – so I took her cue and donned an adorable pair of cropped white denim pants by Jones New York with fringed bottoms and sequined floral appliques, topped by a sage and brown-hued top adorned with sparkling crystals by Yukiko, both treasures from a box of clothes sent to me recently by my best friend’s mother, Joyce.

I added a Dea Dread hair accessory custom made for me by Theo Osato of Baltimore and a necklace, bracelet and earrings of exquisite brown, sage and cream pearls from Fire and Ice Jewelers, a birthday gift several years ago from my dear friends Robert and Jan. As I prepared to leave for the party, two of my kitties, Ember on the left, and Elfie on the right, decided to assist me in choosing appropriate footwear, reminding me that guests would be mingling on the grass and therefore flats would be a better choice, so I chose gold gladiator sandals by Rampage from Macy’s to complete my look.

Stepping into the lovely garden at Lynn's elegant home, I couldn’t help but notice that my attire was perfectly suited to the occasion. There wasn't a dress in sight. I received many compliments on my outfit and several on the baked artichoke-cashew appetizer I contributed to the affair. It was a lovely evening, a perfect summer garden party.
Cheers,
Lynell

1 comment:

  1. Their great footwear advice notwithstanding, Ember and Elfie look like they're massaging your ankles! They are your Fashion Faries.

    ReplyDelete