Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Falling For Fuchsia

With the autumn leaves long gone from the trees and winter’s fast approach evident in the pale sky and frigid air, I sought to inject some color into my day by donning a vintage jumpsuit in deep fuchsia by Joan Walters Petites that I purchased at JCPenney some 35 years ago when I worked there in the 1970s. I cinched the jumpsuit with a wide black stretch belt from The Limited and chose black booties with scallop leather trim by Lower East Side to keep my feet warm.

After selecting my outfit, I spotted a pendant necklace and matching earrings in silver and abalone, a wonderful birthday gift from my friend, Marshall, in Dallas, which he brought back for me from a cruise he took to the Caribbean with his father last year. There was just a hint of fuchsia in the iridescent abalone. Perfect. I paired the necklace and earrings with an antique silver and abalone cuff bracelet that my father bought my mother on their honeymoon to Mexico in 1953 and a silvertone bracelet-watch that I bought at the Dallas airport as I was passing through last year.

I finished the look with a vintage blue and purple scarf which belonged to my grandmother and a black fabric Dea Dread hair accessory custom made for me by Thea Osato of Baltimore (http://deadreads.etsy.com/), and I was ready to paint the day!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment