Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lemonade


Long ago I converted my
grandmother's clip earrings to pierced
The day was sultry; the sun peeked through clouds which occasionally gave way to steamy drizzle.  The last thing I wanted to do was wear long pants or a jacket to work. Fortunately, since receiving several boxes of hand-me-down clothes from my best friend's mother, Joyce, last summer, I have enjoyed an abundance of high-quality, perfectly fitting apparel from which to create my daily outfits.

My choice for Tuesday's commute form Baltimore County to the Library of Congress was from one of those boxes; a cool pair of lemon-colored shorts by Austin Reed Petites, which I paired with my own ribbed tank by International Concepts (I.N.C.) from Macy's, embellished with ruffles and rhinestones around the neckline. I chose strappy platform heels by City Streets from JCPenney to elongate my legs and a skinny leather belt from The Limited to give my ensemble a bit more polish.

For jewelry, I plucked a vintage crystal beaded necklace, earrings and bracelet from my jewelry box that once belonged to my maternal grandmother.   I grabbed a fun white multi-zippered handbag from Claire's to complete the look.

A steamy day, yes.  But I was cool as lemonade in my tailored pale yellow shorts.  Thanks, Joyce!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment