Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Roxx

Spring weather has been largely absent in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. In northern Baltimore County, Maryland, it’s been quite chilly, even frigid, though spring officially arrived on March 21st . I’ve warmed myself before a toasty fire in my fireplace every evening after work for months now, and have looked forward to my evening workouts at the gym just to get my blood flowing each day. In fact, the cold weather lingered so long this season that the official bloom prognosticators had to twice push back their prediction for "peak" flowering of the cherry blossoms in our nation’s capitol. That all changed today.

As I dressed this morning in anticipation of my commute to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C. for a day of research on behalf of my employer, I listened to radio announcements buzzing with predictions of 80-degree temperatures, the meteorologists breathlessly exclaiming that it’s been six months since the mercury last climbed so high in our area. As much as I like cool weather, I had to admit that I was more than ready for some solar enthusiasm.

A day like today called for open-toed sandals and sexy slacks and I was more than happy to oblige. The coppery-hued BrazilRoxx jeans I bought in Utah in early March would heat things up perfectly, with their gorgeous embroidery and metal studs highlighting the legs. I paired the denim with a lace-trimmed chocolate camisole by Eyeshadow beneath an asymmetrical coffee-colored shawl I bought from a designer at the American Craft Council’s annual juried craft show in Baltimore several years ago, and pulled on my favorite beaded platform heels by BCBGeneration. I finished my look with a bracelet of black and rust colored stones and a pair of citrine crystal chandelier earrings from Claire’s.

The subway in Washington D.C. was filled with tourists making their way to see the frothy pink blooms along our national mall, which are at their peak today and tomorrow. Not a single commuter was wearing a jacket or overcoat for the first time in almost half a year. The weather was glorious. I rocked my BrazilRoxx jeans on this brilliant day. Spring has (finally) arrived.
Cheers,
Lynell

1 comment:

  1. Lovely outfit! I am so excited for the warm weather to arrive!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete