Thursday, October 4, 2012

Raspberries And Cream

Images of fresh raspberries, dark chocolate and rich cream are conjured by the hues in the top I chose to wear today from Coldwater Creek, an unusual find in a box of clothing sent to me by my best friend’s mother, Joyce, of Spokane this past spring. The sheer polyester fabric in an abstract floral pattern of soft reds, browns and ecru with tiny bits of baby blue, pink, yellow and white is another color combination that I would not have predicted could work well together. But somehow, in this filmy blouse lined in sheer beige, the tints come together to create a harmonious result. There is interesting detail here, too: raspberry hued yarn is stitched all around the neckline and front button placket, as well as on the cuffs of the three-quarter sleeves, which feature nifty self-tied bows at each elbow.

The weather warmed back up today in Washington D.C., so I thought I would give this summery frock a go. I paired it with wheat-colored slacks by Calvin Klein and beaded, high-heeled sandals by BCBGeneration. Wanting to highlight the soft yellow and mushroom in the cropped tunic, I chose a necklace and matching earrings of gleaming citrine set in white gold from Fire & Ice Jewelers (www.fireandice.com) that were a gift to me several years ago from my dear friends Robert and Jan, and added a bracelet of cream and taupe beads that was a Christmas gift from Joyce last year.

The temperatures today were ideal for a gossamer top and lightweight trousers. And all these yummy colors made me hungry!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment