Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jeggings

Today was damp. Several inches of rain were expected before sunset. I wanted to wear something that wouldn’t soak up moisture if I stepped in a rain puddle during my lengthy commute to Washington D.C. for a day of research at the Library of Congress on behalf of my employer. That meant slacks were out of the question. A long skirt was out. I wanted platform heels that would keep my feet high and dry, as well.

My choice? A pair of dark-washed "jeggings", comfortable leggings in stretchy blue-jean denim with fun metal buttons detailing the lower legs which were in a box of cast-away clothing sent to me at the beginning of summer by my best friend’s mother, Joyce, in Spokane. They fit me perfectly and are lighter weight than a pair I already own, so these "new" jeggings have been a valuable addition to my summer wardrobe.

I paired the tights with a blue and teal top by International Concepts (I.N.C.) that I bought at Macy’s in the spring, and some rubber-soled platform heels by Lucky Brand Jeans to keep me elevated above the wet pavement. I added a silver and blue fashion ring which was also a gift from Joyce, and some vintage blue and silver earrings I’ve owned for decades which just happen to coordinate perfectly with the ring.

I pinned a blue-toned Dea Dread by Thea Osato (http://DeaDreads.etsy.com) to my up-do and set out on my way, confident that no amount of rainfall would dampen my day.
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment