Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Citrus

An August day in Maryland with almost no humidity was so rare and wonderful that I just had to celebrate by wearing long pants -- denim, even, which is normally far too confining and heavy a fabric for me when temperatures and dew points soar. But today’s weather, although warm, was downright delightful, so I pulled on a pair of bootcut Levi’s 512 Perfectly Slimming jeans in summer white and added a fun, tie-dyed orange, gray and white top by International Concepts (INC) that I bought at Macy’s at the beginning of the summer season.

I’ve been dying for a chance to wear my new orange coral and blister pearl necklace by Lisa Davin of Dzyns by Lisa which I found at Baltimore’s premiere arts festival, Artscape, last month, and the citrusy Macy’s top seemed the perfect foil for the necklace. I added a subdued gold ear cuff to each ear, an orange-hued Dea Dread hair accessory by Thea Osato (http://DeaDreads.etsy.com), some strappy, cork-heeled sandals by City Streets for JCPenney, and headed out the door into the brilliant sunshine.

Perhaps I shone as brightly as the sun, for I received no less than four complements on my outfit today: one from a lady on the subway, another from an employee at the Library of Congress, a third from someone passing by me on the sidewalk, and a fourth at the supermarket on my way home from work. Certainly made my day!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment