Tuesday, July 31, 2012

White Hot

I've been waiting for a perfect summer day to rock this white eyelet maxi skirt from Juicy Couture which I bought online from revolveclothing.com last summer. It was a regrettable splurge. This summer I am seeing long white summer skirts in all the stores at bargain prices, but last summer, when I was ready to celebrate having just lost 70 pounds, I couldn't find one anywhere.  And I really searched -- at brick and mortar stores throughout the Baltimore region.  That is, until I spied this beauty while browsing the internet.  I took the plunge and bought the skirt, even though their smallest size was still too large for my newly slim frame and I had to have it taken in and shortened.  Lesson learned.

For that kind of money I was determined to get lots of wear out of the skirt, and today was an ideal summer day to exercise that option.  I paired the tiered maxi with a white ribbed knit camisole dotted with rhinestones by International Concepts (INC) for Macy's, creating a neutral background for... what color?  I had so many to choose from!  I finally settled on jewel-toned shades of teal and blue, reflected in a pendant necklace with matching earrings from Paragon.com, a blue and green-tiled bracelet I found in Dallas, Texas, a dozen years ago, and a sapphire-toned crystal fashion ring I picked up in Las Vegas last year.  I wrapped a vintage Southwestern-style concho belt with a blue beaded buckle from Target around my hips and finished the look with white, strappy platform heels by City Streets for JCPenney.

It felt ultra feminine to wear a long white skirt in the heat of summer.  The pretty eyelets gave me plenty of ventilation on this sultry day without sacrificing any modesty. I'll admit I was thrilled when a woman on the subway called out "Nice outfit!" as she passed by me.  Almost made the price I paid for the skirt worth the damage to last summer's clothes budget!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment