Friday, June 8, 2012

Purple Petals


Yesterday was all about the floral hues of purple and blue, set against crisp white. I plucked the most gorgeous crocheted top from a box of luscious garments mailed to me recently from Spokane, Washington, by my surrogate-mom, Joyce, mother of my best friend, Kari. There’s no tag to indicate where the beautiful coverlet is from or who made it, but I couldn’t resist the jewel toned petals on this early June day.

I floated the open-weave top over a lavender tank by Cowgirls Don’t Cry which I found at a local equine outfitter several years ago, and added vintage linen balloon pants with cargo pockets and gathered ankles that I’ve owned for decades. I donned gladiator sandals by Olsenboye from Macy’s and topped the whole look off with my grandmother’s vintage necklace of purple beads and some purple metal earrings that I bought in the 1970s.

My outfit felt airy and light -- cool white with splashes of summer color – perfect for the gorgeous warm weather which has been gracing Maryland all week long.
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment