Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The "Patty Fielder" Look


I reprised my "Patty Fielder look" again today for my commute to the Library of Congress, only this time I accessorized with more casual, "beachy" jewelry: a stretchy bracelet of tiny seashells that I purchased in the Bahamas a few months ago, some cream and gold enameled earrings I’ve had for almost 30 years, and a gold crab pendant with a large pearl "shell" that was a birthday gift from my good friend, Pete, back in the 1980s when we were dating in California.

You will recall from my previous post that my taupe and cream "duster" with intricately embroidered cutwork and scallop-edged trim by Marcia & Me & Co. was a purchase I made decades ago when I lived in Dallas, Texas. At the time, my immediate supervisor at the Dallas law firm where I work was an impeccably dressed woman named Patty Fielder who made these tea-length dusters her signature wardrobe statement. I was inspired by how elegant these garments looked on my boss, so I found one for myself, which is how it got its unusual name. Paired with beige slacks by Calvin Klein and a cream camisole from Karen Scott, I think my finished outfit looks quite chic.

Instead of pumps, today I wore cream leather and jute-wedged sandals by Boutique 9, which I found on a clearance rack at Macy’s last year. I added a cream leather envelope clutch and was ready to greet my day – Patty Fielder style!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment