Saturday, April 14, 2012

Billboard Bewitchment

I learned recently that I would be featured by my local gym on a billboard in Baltimore, Maryland, for the entire month of April. I checked out the billboard this morning and had my picture taken in front of the massive sign. I suppose I could have done without the humongous "before" picture of me up there for all to see, but hey! If it motivates people to get fit like I did, then I’m all for it.
The outfit I wore for this morning’s photo is pure retro. I bought the fun cotton leggings by Marika, a venerable fitness clothier in California, at Sun Valley Mall in Concord, California. Marika was just starting out in 1985 when I fell in love with this wild "paint-splattered" print in purple, orange, pink and yellow and had to have it. Amazingly, Marika is still in business, although now they go by the name Rock Fit LLC. The hot pink racer-back top is also vintage, as are the slouchy pink socks, although the pink and peach Dea Dread in my hair in the top photo, custom made by Thea Osato of Baltimore (http://DeaDreads.etsy.com), is an up-to-the-minute, gotta-have-it accessory I purchased last winter.

I usually wear these "happy" leggings to my Zumba class. But I couldn't resist putting them on this morning to celebrate this exciting "billboard" occasion.
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment