Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Little Sparkle


Today was damp and foggy and cool – most unlike the balmy spring weather I’ve enjoyed for the past week. But that didn’t stop me from perking up the dreary forecast with cheery clothes!

First I pulled on a vintage pair of denim trousers by Ocean Pacific, loose in the hips and gathered at the ankles, and added a long-sleeved brown T-shirt and brown leather platform booties by Cami for Spiegel. But the plain blue and brown was too drab for me, so I spiced up my outfit by adding a satin vest covered in a fun paisley pattern of blue, brown, tan, orange and white with pearls and beads sprinkled throughout. The vest was a gift to me about fifteen years ago, but I don’t recall where it came from.

To finish off today’s look, I added a gorgeous hand-painted horse pendant-necklace from Russia with topaz and citrine gems and matching earrings from Fire & Ice Jewelry stores of Baltimore (http://www.fireandice.com/) which was a birthday gift from my dear friends Robert and Jan in 2010, a silver and gold metal bracelet watch from CountryDoor.com, a beaded bracelet in multiple hues of brown, tan and white, and a silver and gold metal fashion ring. The finished outfit was a perfect pick-me-up for a drab day!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment