Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Black And White

Today was so spring-like! My daffodils are already blooming. My resident groundhog has been out of hibernation for a week already. It wasn’t a particularly warm day, but it wasn’t cold, either.

Like Goldilock’s porridge, it was just right. So I honored the "just right" day with a crisp look: vintage, stretchy black fitted slacks that I bought at JCPenney back when I worked for them in the 1970s and a crisp black cotton blouse with contrasting white collar and turnback cuffs by Worthington for JCPenney that I’ve owned for at least a decade (I also own the same blouse in all-black and in red). Paired with black platform almond-toed booties by Cami from Spiegel.com, a vintage black and white beaded necklace, and some vintage metal earrings painted white with spattered black speckles, my look was complete.

To ward off the chill (it really only reached the 50s today), I donned my favorite, and very vintage, black suit coat by Gantos which sported a collar and turnback cuffs – in black satin. While I would ordinarily have shot the outfit with some additional color for interest, today I just wanted to be black and white and let the spring-like day offer its own colorful cheer. I was not disappointed.
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment