Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog Post No. 7, 11/3/11 -- Sapphire Sky


Today’s sky was such a brilliant blue that I was inspired to don jewel-toned shades of sapphire and emerald to honor Mother Nature. I love how the blue brings out the color of my eyes.  The tapered-leg vintage denim jeans are Ocean Pacific by Montabert. I have owned them for at least thirty years, if not longer. The blue turtleneck top was part of an ensemble I purchased decades ago in California consisting of three like-tops in primary colors – yellow, blue and red, with a scarf that ties all three colors together beautifully and a red swing coat.  

I don’t recall the name of the little shop where I bought the coordinated pieces, but I do recall that my dear friend Juanita and her sister Mary were with me at a mall somewhere when we stumbled upon the shop and its eye-popping colors and they convinced me that I had to own the whole set.  The scarf I wore today, however, is not from that shop, but rather is a beloved memento from my maternal grandmother.  

My black scallop-trimmed booties by Lower East Side are from Payless Shoe Source and the blue fabric "Dea Dread" hair accessory was custom-made for me by Thea Osato of Baltimore (deadreads.etsy.com). I found my handmade emerald green earrings at a St. Patrick’s Day street fair in Reno, Nevada in 1992, the sparkly blue and green ring was a recent $10 Las Vegas purchase, and the stretch bracelets came from a vendor selling costume jewelry in the lobby of my employer’s office building in 1995 or so.
Cheers!
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment