Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blog Post No. 26 -- Crisp

The weather? Yes, quite crisp, actually, on this late November day, which is why I chose a wool skirt to wear to work. When I pulled this vintage piece, which is so old it doesn’t have a label, out of storage after I got thin enough to wear it again, I discovered it was full of moth holes. No worries! I just found a perky black and white floral applique at the craft store and sewed it on the skirt over the tiny holes. Voila. Good as new.

I paired my 1970s-era skirt with a crisp black cotton blouse with white collar and turn-back cuffs by Worthington, JCPenney’s house brand, which I’ve also had for decades, and black patent sky-high platform pumps by Call It Spring for JCPenney.com. My delicate silver necklace with gray pearls was the first piece of jewelry I ever owned from Fire & Ice Jewelers of Baltimore (http://www.fireandice.com) and it made me an instant fan of their gorgeous merchandise and exceptional service. My gray pearl earrings are screw-on antiques that belonged to my grandmother, which I converted with silver ear wires this morning, and my silver-metal stretch bracelet watch is a recent purchase from CountryDoor.com. My wide stretch tri-buckle belt is from The Limited, and my faux-pearl ring was a Las Vegas purchase earlier this year.

The nice complements I received on my outfit from strangers on the subway made me feel crisp and perky all day!
Cheers.
Lynell

1 comment: