Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog Post No. 2, 10/20/11 -- Gouchos!




Dea Dread by Thea Osato of Baltimore

Today I paired a new pair of black peachskin gauchos from Rod’s Western Wear in Columbus, Ohio (www.Rods.com) with a western-style shirt sewn from fabric created especially for the Fort Worth Rodeo in 1995 (I have a long broomstick skirt in the same fabric). I found the black boots with ankle buckles at DSW two years ago. The turquoise lotus-blossom necklace and bracelet were my mother’s, and the turquoise bangles and ring are from Claire’s. My vintage turquoise earrings, silver and turquoise choker necklace and black belt are circa 1992. I found this trailing fabric hair accessory at a Baltimore artist’s soiree last month and I loved it so much I commissioned the artist, Thea Osato, to make me several more in different colors. She calls them "Dea Dreads" (Dea is Italian for goddess) and they are available in ponytail-holder and comb style and retail for approximately $20 to $30 each (deadreads.etsy.com).
Happy dressing!
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment