Friday, December 14, 2012

Body By Merritt


I attribute most of my successful weight loss and trim physique to Merritt Athletic Club of Central Maryland (www.merrittclubs.com), so it was with great pleasure and considerable pride that I dressed up last night to attend their annual holiday party, held at the club’s swanky central location, the gigantic Downtown Athletic Club in Baltimore. This year’s soiree was a benefit for Playworks Baltimore, an organization dedicated to bringing back physical education and active play in Baltimore City schools which have seen their athletic programs cut in the struggling economy.

Happy to support such a noble cause, I went shopping last week for a party dress and found this, a darling, form-fitting navy sheath, by Jackie Jon New York, on sale at my local JCPenney store. The subtle prismatic beaded accents at the shoulders and neckline made me feel über feminine as soon as I put it on. I was ecstatic to discover a bracelet and earrings in almost identical iridescent hues at Macy‘s a few days later, and completed my look for the evening with my favorite black patent platform pumps by Call It Spring and a glittering teal and black Dea Dread hair accessory by Thea Osato of Baltimore (http://deadreads.etsy.com).

The party was fun, with a live band for dancing, games of chance proffered to those who wanted to donate further to Baltimore Playworks, and vendors from restaurants and wineries all over the region handing out small plates and glasses of their most popular offerings. The music throbbed and the place was packed. I searched in vain for fellow-fitness pals from my local club in northern Baltimore County, eventually "settling" for the engaging company of Baltimore Ravens football cheerleaders Dijon and Amanda, with whom I enjoyed a splendid evening despite not finding any familiar faces.
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment