Friday, November 16, 2012

Swashbuckle Style

Thursday was all about the boots. These beauties by Wendi, in brown suede with a sexy, shaped heel and cuffs that can be turned up or down, were a steal on the clearance rack at Designer Show Warehouse (DSW) in late August. Worn with the cuffs turned down, pirate-style, the boots give balance and proportion to wide hips for a more symmetrical appearance overall.

I paired them with vintage brown leggings by Jacques Morét that I bought in California in the 1970s and a vintage ribbed-knit sweater with a crossover collar by Worthington for JCPenney that hails from the same era. All that brown was a perfect foil for my "new" Flashback Couture copper-hued vest, a recent hand-me-down from my best friend’s mom, Joyce, in Spokane.  I've blogged about the vest before. In fact, you’re probably going to see me in that vest a lot this season, as I try it out with various pieces in my wardrobe. I just can’t seem to get enough of the shimmery color with its beads and sequined accents.

To my ensemble I added a necklace featuring a hand-painted Russian horse pendant encased in silver, with matching earrings of topaz and citrine stones, all from Fire & Ice Jewelers of Baltimore (www.fireandice.com), and a silver-metal fashion ring I picked up on sale at Penney’s a few days ago.

Thursday may have been gray and chilly, but this landlubbing lass was all about flaunting her inner buccaneer in order to brighten things up a bit.  Aye, Matey!  Turned out to be a blimey good day, too, if I do say so meself.
Arrrgh!
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment