Monday, June 4, 2012

May 31, 2012 Summer Whites, At Last


Ah, finally. The passing of the Memorial Day weekend has bestowed upon us all permission to don our summer attire. I’ve been itching to try out a new pair of white Levi 512 bootcut jeans I bought at Macy's several weeks ago for $13 (a steal!) and Thursday was a perfect fair-weather day. I paired the comfortable jeans with a pale blue camisole adorned with white lace that was a gift from my best friend’s mother, Joyce, in Spokane, Washington. Joyce recently sent me a whole box of delectable hand-me-downs which I will be modeling for you all in the coming months.  As for my feet, I chose Lucky Brand America platform sandals with denim vamps, very comfortable for my lengthy commute to the Library of Congress for a day of research.

To complete my "summer" look, I added a white seashell bracelet, a blue and silver fashion ring (also a gift from Joyce), my signature diamond initial pendant which was a gift from my employer on my fifteenth year of service three years ago, sapphire and diamond earrings which were a birthday gift from Joyce's daughter, Kari, and a denim-hued "Dea Dread" hair accessory by Thea Osato of Baltimore (http://deadreads.etsy.com/).  Bring on summer. I'm ready!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment