Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fluffy Scarf

Today called for rain and thunderstorms, although the temperature would climb into the high 70s, so I wouldn’t need any outerwear. How to look cool and spring-y and yet be prepared for inclement weather during my lengthy commute to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C.?

Enter my new, fluffy "statement" scarf, a purchase from the "gift tent" at the Baltimore Symphony Designer Show House I visited on Saturday. It’s got everything I had been looking for in an of-the-moment wrap: neutral white, cream, gray and charcoal wear-with-anything colors, delightful fringe at the ends, knots of poufy yarn along its considerable length, and loads of interesting texture, yet so lightweight and sheer that I hardly notice it around my neck.

I paired the boa-like cloth with an ecru tank top by Karen Scott from Macy’s and injected a shot of color by donning vintage straight-leg wrangler jeans in a violet hue that I’ve owned since the 1970s. I finished the look with cream-colored, jute-wedge sandals by Boutique 9, dangly Stauer ruby earrings that were a birthday gift from my best friend’s mother, Joyce, a black and gold seashell fashion ring handmade by an artisan at last year’s Renaissance Festival, and some seashell bracelets I picked up in Nassau last October.

I felt bright and breezy in my outfit, just like the day! And, perhaps because of my fluffy new scarf, the rain held off until I was safely home from my travels.
Cheers,
Lynell

1 comment:

  1. If you ever get tired of that ab fab scarf, I'll give it a good home!

    ReplyDelete