Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Southwest Meets Mid-Atlantic

Today’s wardrobe choice was a mash-up of east and west coast fashion. I first donned a Southwest aesthetic by pairing my black moleskin gauchos from Rods Western Wear (Rods.com) with western-style boots by Willie and a classic squash-blossom necklace of silver and turquoise that my mother purchased in California in the 1960s.

But the weatherman was calling for high winds and temperatures to barely get out of the 50s today, so I topped the split skirt with a vintage knit top by Units which sported a crossover turtleneck detail, and encircled my neck with a thick fringed scarf adorned with dainty, embroidered sprays of lily of the valley that belonged to my grandmother, giving my outfit a more "eastern seaboard" vibe.

I cinched the gauchos with a wide black belt from Target and added bracelets, a fashion ring and black-feathered earrings in silver metal and turquoise, all more recent purchases.  I was done.

No matter the mix of styles. I’m dressing only to please myself, after all, and I thought the finished outfit looked nice. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one, as I received two complements on my attire at the Library of Congress today.
Cheers!
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment