Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jumping Back in Time

Now, this cotton jumpsuit by Champagne West for JCPenney is really old – so old that the black has faded from repeated washings. This one-piece outfit was the most comfortable "go-to" jumpsuit I owned back in the day when jumpsuits were de rigeur in the 1970s. I wore it all the time. Needless to say I was quite pleased to see, when I put it on for the first time in decades today, that it still fits me perfectly and has not fallen apart from the ravages of time.

Today I paired the black one-piece with a simple long-sleeved white T-shirt from Fruit-of-The-Loom, a pair of vintage black leather boots by Pleaser, a black leather belt from Target, and a silvery-metallic scarf from the 1980s that belonged to my grandmother. I added a silver metal bracelet, a silver fashion ring and a silver and black Dea Dread for my hair by Thea Osato of Baltimore (http://DeaDreads.etsy.com), and set out for my commute to the Library of Congress.

A quick stop at the bank on the way home from work brought a "nice outfit!" from the security guard who opened the door for me. Who says "old and faded" can’t still be stylish? Not me.
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment