Sunday, January 22, 2012

Horse Exposition



Today I attended the annual Horse Exposition at the Maryland State Fairgrounds. Always a fascinating way to spend an afternoon, I enjoyed the many booths showing off the latest in show fashion, riding gear and equine equipment, nutrition and medicine. There were several classes showing various techniques in training and riding, and lots of equine jewelry, clothing and hair accessories.

With the temperature never rising above 29 degrees Fahrenheit and an inch of snow on the ground, and with the expo housed in the drafty cow palace at the fairgrounds and a lot of acreage to cover, I dressed warmly and comfortably, with my favorite stretchy vintage blue jeans by Stockton of Dallas tucked into waterproof Technica après-ski boots.  On top I sported a denim-blue Kerrits long-sleeved T-shirt from Dover Saddlery, over which I wore a cropped jacket of Native-American blanket material with silver conch detailing on the lapels by Circle T Outfitters that was a gift from my dearly departed girlfriend, Linda Adams, of Reno, Nevada, back in 1992 or so.

To accessorize my outfit, I chose painted enamel horse earrings by Laurel Burch, a silver and blue lapis ring that was a gift from Joyce, the mother of my best friend, Kari, and a Dea Dread for my hair in varying shades of blue by Thea Osato of Baltimore (http://deadreads.etsy.com/).  

What a great way to spend a chilly Sunday afternoon!
Cheers,
Lynell

2 comments:

  1. You look adorable ... from your beautiful hair right down to those cute furry boots that (hopefully) kept your tootsies warm. And what a perfect venue for your horseplay t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lynell-what an inspiration! because of your blog and photos, i went into my cedar closet and brought out a black linen valentino that has been sitting for decades. it's off to the cleaners...and then i'll be ready for spring. thanks for saving me some $ and reminding me to bring back a real classic!

    ReplyDelete