Thursday, January 19, 2012

Glad For Plaid


Third and last in a series about my vintage plaid Inclinatons slacks from JCPenney, today I chose the gray pair. No particular reason, as the day dawned crisp and bright. It was a might chilly, just 18 degrees Fahrenheit, but the sun shown against a brilliant blue sky and the winds were mostly calm. I paired the sedate windowpane plaid with a solid black cross-collared knit top by Units which is at least thirty years old, and covered that with a vintage black "like-new" cable-knit sweater with rounded collar by White Moon that I found at Goodwill last week for $3.81.

To stay with the black and gray theme but bump the outfit up a notch or two in style, I chose a "statement" necklace of small Aztec masks carved out of onyx set in solid silver feather headdress "frames", which my parents bought on their honeymoon to Mexico in 1953. I paired the antique necklace with an onyx and silver bracelet that I bought in Mexico in 1998, and added a simple silver-metal bracelet watch on the opposite wrist, small silver and black beaded earrings, and a black and gray Dea Dread hair accessory by Thea Osato of Baltimore that I received as a gift for Christmas (http://deadreads.etsy.com/).
Snow flurries were forecast for my afternoon commute home from the Library of Congress, so I topped my outfit with a long gray cape adorned with a plush black collar and cuffs, and snuggly black knit gloves. By the time I headed home from Washington D.C., the blue sky had faded to gray and winds howled the approach of the Canadian Clipper. I was toasty in my cape, thankful that the snow held off until I was safely home.
Cheers,
Lynell

1 comment:

  1. Brrrrrrr, your description of the weather chilled my fingertips but your outfit was toasty cute! That cape is 2 die 4.

    ReplyDelete