Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog Post No. 18 -- Heavy Metal


Let’s talk jumpsuits. I have at least a dozen, all dating back to the 1970s and 1980s. It was my "signature style" back in the day and I loved to "rock the look", although we didn’t call it that back then. Kept most of the better ones, and this was one of my very favorites. Light blue, distressed denim, made by Champagne West for JCPenney, which I bought when I worked there in the 1970s. My black leather boots are Pleasers, also from the 1970s and also from JCPenney. Even the scarf is vintage. It belonged to my grandmother. Only the belt is new – it was purchased at The Limited this year.

I chose to pile on metal bracelets to accompany the hand-made silver pin on my scarf, which was a gift from the mother of a boy I dated in high school. I found the onyx and silver bracelet in Puerto Vallarta in 1998. The silver-toned stud bracelet on the same wrist is something I picked up at Claire’s a few months ago. The silver-toned bangle on the other wrist was purchased in California decades ago, and the stretch silver and gold-toned bracelet-watch and matching earrings are from CountryDoor.com. My silver and lapis-stone ring was a gift from my best friend Kari’s mother, Joyce, and the long, silver-toned double knuckle ring with blue rhinestones was a trinket I found in Las Vegas in May.

It was a perfect ensemble for a turn of fairly balmy autumn weather, and I got three different complements on my outfit from strangers!
Cheers,
Lynell

No comments:

Post a Comment